21 Feb 2017

Wisma Putra: N Korea's claims deeply insulting

Wisma Putra has lambasted North Korean ambassador Kang Chol for making allegations based on "lies and half-truths" against Malaysia about investigations into the death of Kim Jong-nam at KLIA2 last week.
"These allegations, culled from delusions, lies and half-truths, are the basis from which the ambassador concluded that 'there could be someone else’s hand behind the investigation', and that the 'investigation by the Malaysian police is not for the clarification of the cause of the death and search of the suspect, but it is out of the political aim'.
"When the ambassador was summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Feb 20, it was emphasised by the deputy secretary-general for bilateral affairs that the police investigation has been done impartially without fear or favour. It was also conducted in compliance with Malaysian laws and regulations.
"Any suggestion to the contrary is deeply insulting to Malaysia, as is the suggestion that Malaysia is in collusion with any foreign government," Foreign Minister Anifah Aman said in a statement.
Kang (right)in a statement read at the North Korean embassy today expressed Pyongyang's distrust over the investigations carried out by the Malaysian police.

"It has been seven days since the incident, but there is no clear evidence on the cause of death and at the moment, we cannot trust the investigations by the Malaysian police even though, it would be obtained.
"It only increases the doubts that there could be someone else's hand behind the investigations," he told reporters in Kuala Lumpur.
Anifah added that it is normal for any "civilised nation" to thoroughly investigate such cases before making conclusions.
He said this is also the reason why some information has been made public.
"It is also customary for embassies to cooperate fully with the host government in order to ensure that the investigation is as thorough as possible, and not to impugn the credibility of the investigation," Anifah added.
Jong-nam, who has a different mother from North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, was allegedly murdered at the departure terminal of KLIA2 on Feb 13.
Leaked CCTV footage suggests the attack may have taken mere seconds.
Police have thus far arrested a Vietnamese woman, an Indonesian woman, a Malaysian man and a North Korean man in connection with the murder. They were seeking four more North Korean suspects in relation to the killing.
The cops urged Jong-nam's next-of-kin to come forward and identify the body latest by Feb 27.


Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/373155#ixzz4ZIpeKHUa

促请外国尊重我国的法律 我国也要收紧出入境审查



一场命案演变成大马和朝鲜之间的一场外交危机,互相召回大使,这更 凸显出死者绝非一般的池中物,但是,无论死者是‘金正男‘还是’金哲‘,虽然朝鲜有权关心其国民的命案,但该国还是必须尊重我国的法律。对于朝鲜所抛出的种种指责,的确令人感到遗憾。

朝鲜针对这命案,对我国作出了种种的指责,包括对我国的不信任,都已经在全世界媒体刊载,这的确是有辱我国的声誉。我国的领袖和警方也必须紧记,我国近年来因各种负面问题总成为国际媒体的头条,因此,这一次,我国必须更严谨处理这宗案件,依足我国法律,专业严办,以免办案不力而再遭国际诟病。

我的看法是,我国应该藉着这宗案件,为国家建立更稳固的信赖度,树立马来西亚的国威。虽然国际社会都知道,朝鲜是一个的流氓国家,它可以弹出种种‘不信任马来西亚‘的论调。但在危机发生时,也正式我国的机会,以树立自己的威望。

这种看法似乎和’金正男‘或’金哲‘命案是两码子事,但是,当对方耍流氓,我们却能拿出专业,严谨办案,就必定能令人刮目相看,赢得国际社会的掌声。我国目前也迫切需要这种专业,不但要做得到,还要给人看得到,这就有助于清除我国这些年来的国际形象颓势。

这宗案件也让人思考,我国是否是时候严守边防和海关的出入境管制?我国不断地提升国民护照的保安设施,是否也应该考虑收紧对外国人出入境的审查?我认为严把入境是没有捷径的,我们必须建立完善的机制,以符合社会发展的现状,维护安全,保护国家利益。

我虽然不是执法专家,也非法律学家,只是一介平民,但由于课题关系到国家的利益,希望借助这个平台发言,尽自己的绵力,衷心希望马来西亚能够国泰民安。

27 Jan 2017

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. THE RAKYAT IS BEHIND YOU.



27th January 2017.

PRESS STATEMENT BY:-
TAN SRI DATUK ROBERT PHANG MIOW SIN.
JUSTICE OF THE PEACE.
CHAIRMAN – SOCIAL CARE FOUNDATION


Please refer to the article in the Malay Mail Online today, “MACC TO CORRUP POLITICIANS,YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE US”.

Very encouraging to read that you, Sir, YBhg. Datuk Dzulkifli Ahmad, MACC Chief Commissioner is determined to eradicate and apprehend “CORRUPT POLITICIANS” regardless of their strong political connections or high-ranking positions.

Sir, this is not an easy task but a demanding “CHALLENGE” and risky mission because whatever corrupt findings of Datuk’s investigation, even with strong evidence can be easily road-blocked by unseen hands of those affected “SUSPECTS”.  Datuk will have to show Datuk’s investigation papers through Datuk’s office right up to Attorney General’s Department.  Believe me, AG’s Department is the biggest monitor provider.  They play a very important role.

Fighting corruption must be transparent and must be seen to be carried out without fear or favor.  The culprit must not be able to escape the rule of the law in our country. The nation will continue to support and salute Datuk.  I am sure all of us will back Datuk up because Datuk has a clear divine mission to save the country from corruption.

Lastly FEAR NOT, WANT NOT.  Go after all these corrupted people, including the influential politicians to show the world, during Datuk’s tenure, Datuk means business.  Of course, Datuk must be prepared to face unforeseen dangers because of Datuk’s hard work, Datuk may be transferred out, terminated from your job or face early retirement risk.

We will pray for Datuk’s good health and good working colleagues to support your endeavor.  Keep the Rakyat informed at all times as I believe Datuk and your department needs the support from us.

We will continue to pray for Datuk and MACC. Take care. God bless.

“HUMBLENESS IS A GOOD VIRTUE, ARROGANCE SHALL FALL AND THE MEEK WILL RULE THE WORLD”.

Tan Sri Datuk Robert Phang Miow Sin.
Justice of the Peace.

20 Jan 2017

文告:社会爱心基金会主席丹斯里彭茂燊太平局绅:呼吁王室和马哈迪共谋国家出路

社会爱心基金会主席丹斯里彭茂燊太平局绅
呼吁王室和马哈迪共谋国家出路

近来我们不断从媒体看到柔佛王室和前首相敦马哈迪医生争锋相对,甚至依斯干达区内的森林城 (Forest City) 发展项目,也成为了他们之间的争议课题,其实,双方所提论的都有各自的据点,但我衷心希望双方能够心平气和,共为国家谋出路。

一方直指敦马发表种族言论,敦马则指这项计划将引进大量移民,因为所建的单位是属于“赠品”,凡中国人在中国买有关发展商房屋者,就可获赠这里的一个单位。

无论如何,熟悉中资公司操作模式的人都知道,除了出售土地的收益之外,柔佛依斯干达区并不会因为中资公司的出现,而制造了大量的就业机会,因为,中资公司不仅从中国国内聘用他们的执行人员,甚至连建筑工都会带过来。
 
新闻背景:东方日报 18/1/2017
如果我们再深入分析,由于所发展的单位被当“赠品”,让中资公司得了运营的便利。因为没有交易,就没有资金的流动,连本地银行也只能望梅止渴,因此,对本地人而言,好处似乎少之又少,除非大量的中国人涌入该社区,才会带动当地的消费。

但是,话又说回来,当大量中国人涌入时,会否也形成了独具一格的“中国城”呢?出现中国人的商业经营和经济活动,让本地人也是无法沾上边?

另一个让关心的重点是,万一获得“赠品”的中国人不来马来西亚居住,那又会形成怎么样的一个局面呢?又如果这些“赠品“被大量抛售套现,这又会出现怎样的形势呢?会不会让依斯干达区房地产领域的“美丽憧憬”,一夜之间变成泡沫?
新闻背景(二):东方日报 17/1/2017


我希望这是我个人庸人自忧,但我还是认为,憧憬只不过是一个希望,能不能落实,还得靠多种条件和合才能如愿。

虽然没有天然的条件,但我们可以制造这些条件,因此,希望柔王室和拥有22年管理国家经验的马哈迪,可以放下彼此的成见,共同运筹帷幄,避免潜在的问题浮现。


由于发展已经如火如荼进行中,现在争论谁是谁非似乎于事无补。由于大量售地,大兴土木,短期来看,的确是一片荣景,但就长期市场影响而言,当中的确有许多值得商榷之问题。

4 Jan 2017

Golf, mistresses markers for graft in civil service, says MACC

The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has outlined several markers for graft involving civil servants.
According to MACC deputy chief commissioner (operations) Azam Baki, the characteristics of such civil servants included leading a luxurious lifestyle, playing golf as well as having girlfriends and mistresses.
In an interview with the commission's online radio MACC.fm this morning, he said the markers were identified based on their probes on civil servants.
On Sunday, MACC chief commissioner Dzulkifli Ahmad had advised civil servants, especially those in top management, to cease playing golf overseas.
"Perhaps you do not agree with the statement made by the chief commissioner and myself," said Azam, who reiterated the caution against overseas golf trips.
"But these were among the indicators that showed they (civil servants) were corrupt and abused their power. We obtained a lot of information involving high-ranking officers and senior officers playing golf abroad.
"I, too, play golf. There is nothing wrong with the game," he added.
However, Azam said golf is not as common in Malaysia as other countries, and is mainly played by prominent people and high-ranking officials.
"But (we noticed) that the (entire) entourage plays (golf) abroad (with) contractors, suppliers and others. Not only one (civil servant) goes, but the whole office goes," he said.
Besides civil servants at the federal level, he said, those at the state level, including employees of district and land offices as well as municipal councils played golf overseas.
He called on these civil servants to stop tarnishing the image of public service in Malaysia.
Azam, who was appointed as deputy chief commissioner on Oct 4 last year replacing Shukri Abdull, said MACC's investigation and intelligence operations would focus on eliminating corruption in the public sector, government-linked companies (GLCs) and financial institutions.
"Corruption in the public sector is still a serious issue that needs to be resolved," he said.
"In 2017 and the years to follow, we will focus on procurement and enforcement. These are the two areas with a higher tendency for graft," he added.
Azam also revealed that MACC had received complaints about being overlooked for promotion and poor office management.
He added that one complainant turned to MACC when the syariah court refused to declare her as a divorcee.


Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/367951#ixzz4Ul9zxx96

MACC top man confirms he quit due to frustration, cites 'spider web' laws

Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) director Bahri Mohd Zin has confirmed having opted for early retirement due to frustration over the SRC International Sdn Bhd case.
"There was too much money lost. l should not serve in spider web laws,” he told Malaysiakini.
Asked what he meant by “spider web laws”, he said it referred to laws that punished the small offenders, but allowed the bigger wrongdoers to escape.
However, Bahri declined to elaborate on the matter.
Earlier, Malaysiakini quoted sources claiming that Bahri, who headed the Special Operations Division retired last Friday, two years ahead of his official retirement age of 60.
Sources said a farewell party was held last month for Bahri and a number of other MACC staff who had retired were present, but he chose not to attend.
“He was dejected with what had happened to the case as similar cases like this had seen a court conviction in the past,” said a source close to the former director.
Meanwhile, Amanah deputy president Salahuddin Ayub has offered Bahri a platform to continue fighting corruption, in appreciation for the graftbuster's efforts.
However he said this was not an invitation to join the party.
"Whether he uses our platform officially or unofficially, we can discuss that later," Salahuddin told Malaysiakini.
Bahri had served in the MACC as well as its precursor, the Anti-Corruption Agency, for over 30 years.
The special division he headed was formed in 2010 to investigate high-profile cases, especially those involving corruption of more than RM1 million.
SRC, which was previously a subsidiary of 1MDB and now under the Finance Ministry, came under the spotlight after RM42 million of its money was found in Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's personal bank account.
While MACC’s 1MDB investigations were complex and involved many overseas jurisdictions - with the attorney-general refusing to issue a mutual legal assistance to the commission to work with foreign investigators - the SRC case was clear-cut as it involved mostly local entities.
The SRC money was deposited into Najib's accounts in two transactions - on Dec 26, 2014 and Feb 10, 2015 - after being routed through two companies, Gandingan Mentari Sdn Bhd and Ihsan Perdana Sdn Bhd.
Najib has reportedly claimed to be unaware about the money from SRC, and attorney-general Mohamed Apandi Ali also cleared him of any wrongdoing in the matter.


Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/367982#ixzz4Ul9j4NKM

Top MACC man opts for early retirement, allegedly frustrated over SRC case

A Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) investigator who played a pivotal role in the SRC International probe has opted for early retirement.
Bahri Mohd Zin, 58, who was director of MACC’s Special Operations Division retired last Friday, two years ahead of his official retirement. He had served in the MACC as well as its precursor, the Anti-Corruption Agency, for over 30 years.
The special division he headed was formed in 2010 to investigate high-profile cases, especially those involving corruption of more than RM1 million.
SRC, which was previously a subsidiary of 1MDB and now under the Finance Ministry, came under the spotlight after RM42 million of its money was found in Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's personal bank account. Najib also helms the Finance Ministry.
While MACC’s 1MDB investigations were complex and involved many overseas jurisdictions - with the attorney-general refusing to issue a mutual legal assistance to the commission to work with foreign investigators - the SRC case was clear-cut as it involved mostly local entities.
The SRC money was deposited into Najib's accounts in two transactions - on Dec 26, 2014 and Feb 10, 2015 - after being routed through two companies, Gandingan Mentari Sdn Bhd and Ihsan Perdana Sdn Bhd.
Najib has reportedly claimed to be unaware about the money from SRC.
It is understood that Bahri opted for early retirement as he was particularly frustrated with the way the SRC investigations turned out.
Sources told Malaysiakini that a farewell party was held last month for Bahri and a number of other MACC staff who had retired were present, but he chose not to attend.
“He was dejected with what had happened to the case as similar cases like this had seen a court conviction in the past,” said a source close to the former director.
Bahri could not be contacted for comment. It is not immediately known who would replace him.
His retirement came after MACC former chief commissioner Abu Kassim Mohamed discontinued service as per his request, and his deputy Mohd Shukri Abdull retired last year. Abu Kassim would continue to serve as an anti-corruption service officer until his mandatory retirement on Dec 6, 2020.
Livid over police ‘harassment’
When the police investigated MACC two years ago and detained three of its investigators over purported leaks on the 1MDB investigations, Bahri was livid.
“I will find the perpetrators who are ordering the arrests. By God, I will find the perpetrators till kingdom come,” he had said when his officers were picked up by the police, and seized MACC’s equipment and documents.
Inspector-general of police Khalid Abu Bakar had then denied they were interfering with the MACC probe into 1MDB.
Bahri's outburst has resulted in him being transferred to the Prime Minister's Department along with then MACC communications director Rohaizad Yaakob. However, both were reinstated after a public outcry.
Following this, the MACC continued with its probe on SRC and submitted its recommendation early last year.
Attorney-general Mohamed Apandi Ali later cleared the prime minister on both the RM2.6 billion, which was described as a donation, and the SRC cases.
Malaysiakini reported last week that the Special Operations Division had been allegedly downsized and that six of its officers who were involved in the SRC probe were transferred out of the division.
Among those transferred was Bahri's deputy, Tan Kang Sai, thus leaving the special investigation unit without two of its top officials.


Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/367928#ixzz4Ul98p19r