21 Jan 2011

Stand Up for and Defend Robert Pahang


Lets us stand up for and defend ROBERT PHANG against AGAINST ROGUES AND LIARS
Din Merican

January 20, 2011

PRESS STATEMENT BY:-


TAN SRI DATUK ROBERT PHANG MIOW SIN.

-Justice of Peace
-Chairman Social Care Foundation
-Panel Advisor of Malaysia Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC)

ON THE RECENT PERSONAL ATTACKS AGAINST ME IN ANONYMOUS BLOGS
1. In the last two days I have been receiving many calls from friends and the media asking for my comments on the personal attacks made against me in various anonymous blogs. I have asked these callers to help me identify who these writers and blog-hosts are, but I am told that no such information are available on these blogs. In other words, these are cowards who hide their true identity. These are mercenary writers and spreaders of falsehoods as aptly described by the Malay saying “Lempar Batu Sembunyi Tangan”.

2. It is noted that I started to come under personal attacks only recently, after I raised concerns about public perceptions on a host of issues about the lack of action in the MAS Scandal; the Attorney-General’s Haj Trip under suspicious circumstances; AG Tan Sri Gani Patail’s relationship with the former Chairman of MAS, Tajudin Ramli’s proxy, one Encik Shahidan Shafie; about perceived selective prosecution; and also the disclosure of a confidential MACC meeting by Tan Sri Ramon Navaratnam who announced that the AG had been cleared of any wrongdoing without any investigation. For merely asking for accountability for all these controversies that were already in the public domain, I became the subject of these attacks and after all thus UMNO bloggers are working hard to defend these three and spin a new story that MAS did not lose so much money after all.


3. Let me be clear that in all the above matters, my comments are proven justified. I have been vindicated in that the MACC now says it is investigating the MAS Scandal. It is notable that the MACC Corruption Prevention Panel, after a meeting with the Home Minister, Dato’ Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, on 10 January 2011, was authorized to issue a public statement to censure its Chairman, Tan Sri Ramon Navaratnam, for making that unauthorised clearance of AG Gani Patail. The Panel also urged AG Gani Patail to clear the air on the issues raised in public domain with the Rakyat as soon as possible – in which he agreed to do so.

4. In regard to the vicious attacks by these anonymous blogs against me, I can only deduce that some people have been hurt badly by my previous comments. Let me also be clear on this – my comments referred to above were based on matters that are already in the public domain. It is on record, that from day one till now, I have merely urged and invited AG to engage, explain and clear the air with the public as soon as possible.

5. I am told that one of the stories in these anonymous blogs initially claimed that I am involved in a conspiracy to discredit former IGP Musa Hassan, AG Gani Patail and the MACC. This is such a lame and illogical allegation. Recently, to intimidate me from speaking out on issues of public importance, these blogs also created a fanciful story that I tried to corrupt a KSU of one Ministry. Very amusing stories.

6. I say to these phantom writers – do not think I can be cowed by such delinquent and childish antics. I will not dignify these acts of cowardice seeking cheap publicity at my expense. TO BE SURE AND CLEAR, I DENY THESE VINDICTIVE STORIES OF FICTION AND IMAGINATION. The objective of these personal attacks against me is clearly to confuse and distract the public from the real issues that I have identified above. I will walk my talk. I INVITE THESE MERCENARY WRITERS TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND MAKE THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST ME PUBLICLY. Do not think by doing this you can shut me up to cover up for your masters.

7. Sincerely and humbly, I say to these cowards again – if you have the guts, identify yourselves and repeat your allegations in an open forum. Then, I will expose the liars that they are and I will take the appropriate action against them. I will continue to speak out until all these rogues are weeded out. That is my pledge.

8. If at all there is any investigation by MACC, not only do I welcome it but I will extend my fullest corporation. THE TRUTH MUST PREVAIL.

9. I will support MACC in their fight against corruption.

“HUMBLENESS IS GOOD VIRTUE, ARROGANCE SHALL FALL, THE MEEK WILL RULE THE WORLD”.
Tan Sri Datuk Robert Phang Miow Sin
Justice of Peace

No comments: