28 Aug 2012

STOP AG GANI PATAIL FROM FURTHER ABUSE OF POWER!

PRESS STATEMENT BY:-
TAN SRI DATUK ROBERT PHANG MIOW SIN
Justice of Peace
Chairman – Social Care Foundation

28th  August 2012    



1. There are too many cases and allegations in the public domain about the misconducts and abuses by Attorney-General Gani Patail. Last week I showed the book by Zainal Abidin Ahmad titled ‘Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail: Pemalsu, Penipu, Penjenayah?’ and invited AG Gani Patail to respond. He has not.

2. Yesterday, I appeared on TV2 in a Mandarin talk show and spoke about AG’s selective prosecution. I spoke about the Karpal Singh sedition trial where others including government leaders who had said more seditious stuff are not charged but Karpal Singh is made to go through this persecution because according to the DPP who spoke in court, AG Gani Patail’s has sole discretion and absolute power in deciding who to prosecute and that discretion cannot be questioned by anyone, not even the court.

3. I ask, so not even Parliament can control AG Gani Patail? So the AG is supreme to Parliament? We have a man so drunken with power that he can be so arrogant to fix up people and thinks he can get away with it. That was what happened to me when I asked AG Gani Patail to explain his Hajj Trip with Tajudin Ramli’s proxy; about the AG taking sides in the corporate tussle involving Ho Hup Bhd and charged Dato TC Low for some minor offences.

4. I also spoke about the official representation that I had received from Lawyer Rosli Dahlan in 2010 pleading for the MACC to drop his case when it became evident that the MACC had no case against that innocent man and some of the MACC DPP and witnesses were lying in the trial of Dato Ramli Yusuff.


5. I show you now a Statutory Declaration which I swore on 16th August 2012 which shows that the MACC are shackled by AG Gani Patail. I made that SD so that the MACC is not to be blamed when they don’t prosecute certain obvious cases or when they pursue cases that do not make sense. It is not that the MACC don’t want to act independently but they can’t. That is because the MACC is powerless when it comes to AG Gani Patail. That is why I have been saying that MACC must have full independence if it has to have any respectability.

6. I have been supporting the Dato Ramli Yusuff and Rosli Dahlan case because from the discussions within the MACC I know that they have been fixed up. And that can happen when you offend AG Gani Patail. That happened to me too.

7. I was humiliated and made the subject of an investigation of corruption whereas AG Gani Patail was given unconditional clearance by the MACC Panel headed by Tan Sri Hadenan Jalil. I was given a letter stating that I have been cleared but I can’t show that to anyone. Fortunately for me, Dato Mustafar Ali, MACCC’s Director of Investigations, has the courage to admit recently, in an sms to MKini, that I was also given unconditional clearance in 2011. I applaud and thank Dato Mustafar Ali for that. These are the good people we have including Dato Seri Abu Kassim but they cannot cross AG Gani Patail’s powers.

8. With the SD that I have given to Rosli Dahlan and Dato Ramli Yusuff, I hope they will have the courage to now sue the parties who fixed them up. I hope they will not think only of their own family, career and life but also of the innocent people who cannot defend themselves. I hope they will sue and expose the abuses that have been happening.

9. The Rakyat demands accountability and will not tolerate these nonsense anymore. If BN does not listen to the Rakyat’s voice and remove this AG who is a big liability, then BN risks to lose more seats in the next General Elections!

“HUMBLENESS IS GOOD VIRTUE, ARROGANCE SHALL FALL, THE MEEK WILL RULE THE WORLD”.

No comments: