20 Dec 2012

POLICE REPORT TO INVESTIGATE MUSA HASSAN

PRESS STATEMENT BY:-
TAN SRI DATUK ROBERT PHANG MIOW SIN
Justice of Peace
Chairman – Social Care Foundation

20th December 2012     


 
1. Some three weeks ago, former IGP Musa Hassan started holding press conferences making various allegations about ministerial interference as well as underworld infiltration and control of PDRM. Some of his allegations referred to events that occurred during the time he was IGP. He even stated that his complaints to the PM and the Minister of Home Affairs were ignored.

2. As I was concerned that his actions would affect public safety and morality, I commented that Musa was undermining the current leadership in PDRM because he is a sour grape when his service contract was not extended. Since I was privy to matters concerning Musa Hassan’s background, I also commented amongst others about allegations connecting him with the underworld. Musa Hassan responded by making various false allegations against me and gave me three days to retract my statement or he would sue me. More than three days have passed and nothing has happened. I have not been served with Musa’s legal suit.

3. On the other hand, there are numerous allegations about Musa Hassan’s wrongdoings that have been circulating in the public domain. And yet no action have been taken against him previously because I believe he controlled the police force and was perceived to be protected by AG Gani Patail. Since Musa Hassan continues to make false and damaging allegations even after his retirement, I have lodged a police report yesterday. My lawyers have also sent him a Letter of Demand to retract and apologise for his false statements against me. Attached is a copy of my police report and lawyers letter.

4. I am doing this because Musa Hassan is a spiteful man who spreads falsehoods. As a man of God, it is my duty to stop the evil and chaos from the manipulations perpetrated by this man. He must be held accountable for the things he has said and done and at the same time we can ascertain the truth or otherwise of his allegations.

5. I have said this previously, I believe that Musa Hassan has an Unholy Alliance with AG Gani Patail and rogue elements within the MACC. For the sake of this country and its people, it is time that this Unholy Alliance is broken. In that regard, I have also said that AG Gani Patail should step down as he is not acting in the best interest of the government. He had brought shame to the country in the Pedra Branca/Batu Putih case where we lost a valuable territory to Singapore. Even simple matters like the AES become a big problem. All these show that the government is not getting the best legal advice.

6. Also, AG Gani Patail’s personal reputation is too stained that makes it not viable for him to remain as the country’s Attorney General and Public Prosecutor. There are too many cases and allegations in the public domain about the misconducts and abuses by Attorney-General Gani Patail. I have shown the book by Zainal Abidin Ahmad titled ‘Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail: Pemalsu, Penipu, Penjenayah?’ and invited AG Gani Patail to respond. He has not.

7. Too many accusations of selective prosecution have been made against him which are already in the public domain - the Ho Hup case and the MAS case. Recently, Dato Ramli Yusuf accused AG Gani Patail of fixing him with trumped up charges. I am privy to some of these allegations and knew that AG Gani Patail had caused 6 low ranking policemen to be charged so that a criminal known as Tengku Goh can be released from RR banishment.

8. In the MAS case, AG Gani Patail even consorted doing Hajj with one Shahidan Shafie, a proxy of Tajudin Ramli, which cast grave suspicion why the AGC was reluctant to prosecute Tajudin. Yet, AG Gani Patail was cleared by the MACC Advisory panel which caused me to question the objectivity of Tan Sri Ramon Navaratnam and Tan Sri Cecil Abraham. Tan Sri Cecil Abraham is a very senior lawyer and is known to be a close adviser of AG Gani Patail. I have always questioned his impartiality.

9. Recently, Deepak Jaikishan held a press conference and mentioned the name of a very senior Tan Sri lawyer whom he implicates as being responsible for preparing the second Statutory Declaration of PI Balasubramanian in the murder case of the Mongolian Altantuya Sharibu. In the video clip of Deepak’s statement, the Tan Sri lawyer’s name has been blacked out. A few days ago, another senior lawyer in Malaysia, Dato Zaid Ibrahim, mentioned the fact that this Tan Sri lawyer is on the MACC Advisory Panel and that he and his son are also partners of another large bumiputera legal firm. However, everyone is afraid to mention his name openly. Why?

10. Why is everyone so afraid to mention that the Tan Sri lawyer is Tan Sri Cecil Abraham and that the legal firm is ZulRafique and Partners? Is it because they are afraid to be sued by the most senior lawyer of the country who sits in the most powerful bumiputera legal firm in the country? What is the difference of making all these references and then afraid to mention the name? I think it is unfair on the Malaysian public and Tan Sri Cecil Abraham.

11. Let it be said openly so that AG Gani Patail, the MACC and Tan Sri Cecil Abraham can state their case. On my part, I have openly stated my opposition against Tan Sri Cecil Abraham’s objectiveness during some deliberations of the MACC where he defended AG Gani Patail and where his firm benefits largely from government legal work.

12. As we approach Christmas and the New Year, I have done my part as a citizen of this country to raise matters which are important for us to progress as a nation with good governance. I hope Malaysians will stand in rank with me for speaking the truth.



“HUMBLENESS IS GOOD VIRTUE, ARROGANCE SHALL FALL, THE MEEK WILL RULE THE WORLD”.

No comments: