25 Feb 2011

Phang Calls for Urgency in Investigating His Bribery Allegations

Former panel of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission’s (MACC) Tan Sri Datuk Robert Phang urged the MACC to start investigations on his bribery allegations immediately.“I appeal to MACC if there is investigation to be conducted, please speed it up” Phang told Malaysian Digest whet met at his office here today.“I’m looking forward to serve the nation with dignity, again,” he added.According to Phang, he never regretted his decision to pull out of Consultation and Corruption Prevention Panel (CCPP) but stressed that if his name is cleared from the allegations, he would consider returning to MACC.

“I think I should continue to fight corruption. Why shouldn’t I? But only if they (MACC) wants me, of course.”Phang, who is also Justice of Peace, added that has learned a thing or two since the allegations on him emerged.“I learned a lot, the moment the investigation took place I should keep my mouth shut and let the MACC do the necessary,” he said.Phang also revealed that since his resignation from the MACC due to the bribery allegations, he has become more popular to the public.

“People shake my hand and asked me to carry on fighting corruption and the allegations that was thrown at me”, he said.Phang also stressed that the society needs more people who have guts to speak out to highlight what is right and what is wrong.“Any righteous, any social injustice, any so called truth to be highlighted, I am there,” said Phang.Phang resigned from his post in MACC recently amid graft allegations that were leveled at him following his urging for an investigation into alleged corrupt practices in Malaysia Airlines (MAS). He said his decision to pull out from CCPP was to preserve his integrity as well as that of MACC.


Source : http://www.malaysiandigest.com/news/17677-phang-calls-for-urgency-in-investigating-his-bribery-allegations.html



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tan Sri...don't waste your time and energy to do this matter. I know name is important to you. Why you do not stand up to find for people course. Stand up and ask the change of government. This is the way to show the BN government is not doing their job, and make you today!