20 Dec 2010

Response To Press Conference By The Chairman Of MACC’S Operaiton Evaluation Panel TAN SRI HADENAN ABDUL JALIL

PRESS STATEMENT :- 20th Dec 2010
Chairman – Social Care Foundation
Panel Advisor Of Malaysia Anti - Corruption Commission ( MACC)
 
1. I have just returned from an overseas trip and I am delighted to know that in my absence, the MACC has announced that they will now investigate the MAS Scandal involving Tan Sri Tajuddin Ramli. The MACC must be applauded for that.

2. It is also commendable that the Chairman of MACC’s Operation Evaluation Panel, Tan Sri Hadenan Abdul Jalil, has come out to dispel any public notion that MACC is reluctant to act on this case. This will allay public fears and skepticisms that the MACC practices selective investigation or that the MACC is afraid to act against the big fishes.


3. The resolve by the MACC Chief Commissioner, Dato’ Seri Abu Kassim Mohamed, to act without fear or favour can already be seen in the prosecution of Tun Ling Liong Sik in the PKFZ Scandal. However, the MACC must do more as there were other names also mentioned in the PKFZ audit report.

4. Similarly, MACC must also be applauded when former MB Selangor Dato’ Seri Khir Toyo is finally charged. However, public scepticism still abounds as to why Khir Toyo was charged for a lesser crime under the Penal Code and not for the more severe offence under the MACC Act.

5. I am reminded that these developments are matters that I have raised very recently. I am not unaware that I have been attacked and criticized for raising these matters. I would like to state that I raised these matters not for any agenda - personal, political or otherwise. I am not a politician. It is only people with unclean hearts and minds that will suspect my motivations for speaking up for what I believe to be true and right.

6. I am a senior citizen. I love my country. I have been entrusted to be an adviser in the MACC by the former Prime Minister YAB Tun Abdullah Bin Haji Ahmad Badawi. I must do justice to the appointment endorsed by the Yang Di Pertuan Agong. I cannot just be a rubberstamp. Indeed none of the independent members of the various panels of the MACC are rubberstamps. But when a matter has been in the public domain for quite a while and no action appears to be taken, then it is incumbent that we must remind the powers that be of the public displeasure. To keep mum is to be of disservice to the nation, the government, the public.

7. I believe that was the reason that Prime Minister Dato‘ Seri Najib Tun Razak reminded the 13 BN component parties of the four “political diseases” – Delusion, Amnesia, Inertia and Arrogance.

8. In that regard, there has been public exposure that En Shahidan Shafie is the proxy of former Malaysia Airlines Chairman, Tan Sri Tajudin Ramli. There is public exposure of A-G Tan Sri Gani Patail’s personal conduct in consorting with En Shahidan during a recent Haj pilgrimage. The photographs and documents that have been in the public domain seem very convincing. The AG’s silence is fuelling suspicion. The AG must answer or the Government of PM Najib will suffer. There will be all kinds of speculations especially with the recent Wkileaks revelations of confidential intelligence documents.

9. I call on A-G Gani Patail to clear the air once and for all. I call on the MACC to also investigate the truth or otherwise of these public disclosures. Act, lest this is interpreted by the public as Arrogance.

10. In the true spirit of the Nativity Season, I pray for God’s Blessings upon all of us in this “Beautiful Country – Our Malaysia


My Family and I, wish all Malaysians a Blessed Christmas and A Very Promising Good New Year.



“HUMBLENESS IS GOOD VIRTUE, ARROGANCE SHALL FALL, THE MEEK WILL RULE THE WORLD”.

No comments: